The Carpediem Partnership
Who we are
The Carpediem Partnership consists of Michael Lawton who has over 25 years of International Human Resources and Organisational Improvement consulting and HR Leadership experience and Jennifer Lawton who has nearly 20 years international HR consulting research, editorial and communications experience. Our clients are typically at the Chairman/CEO or main Board Director level of international business organisations. We operate in strategic and operational spheres of influence, as required.
- International Human Resources Consulting, covering all facets of Human Resources Management (reward, selection and recruitment, talent and career management, employee relations, communications, performance management and contract reviews.)
- International Organisational and Management effectiveness improvement and transition consultancy. A key element of our success has been supporting management and managers through mentoring, coaching, counselling and team building.
- Human Resources and Employee Relations problem resolution consultancy; typically tackling severe dysfunctional behaviours or breakdowns in relationships between management and employees or their representatives.
- Interim Human Resources leadership service; this has included HR Director and Global Compensation roles.
- Retainer relationships in Senior Human Resources or Consultancy business domains. We are on hand when required or can become part of a regular performance review process.
Why choose The Carpediem Partnership?
· The combination of an MBA and significant International HR and Organisational effectiveness experience is particularly appropriate for tackling key challenges in international business. We understand your business realities and the scope and opportunity for change and improvement, quickly.
· Our experience and knowledge has been gained mostly through long term consulting relationships supplemented by Michael's seven years as a Group Vice President Human Resources in a global automotive business.
· We work alongside and complement existing resources. If required we can integrate into international or local management teams seamlessly. Or we can provide experienced and objective advice and counsel to individuals or teams.
· Our client focus is complete; we are flexible, attentive and effective while providing independent support and advice.
· We are practical and never lose sight of implementation. Problem definition and issue diagnosis are critical to effective solution implementation; we describe problems and diagnoses in ways that facilitate implementation and are practicable.
· We have hands on working experience in over 20 countries in Europe, North America and the Middle East. We are comfortable moving between different managerial and socio-economic contexts. We operate in diverse manufacturing industries including aerospace and automotive, banking and insurance, drinks/confectionary, professional and legal services and a global courier. Recent assignments include;
- designing a performance management and incentive compensation scheme for the management cadre in a Turkish based manufacturing business
- an Organisation and Management effectiveness review in Eastern Europe
- providing the HR and Communications lead in a project relocating manufacturing from Germany to the Czech Republic
- supporting the Chairman of a plc during restructuring and managing a head office redundancy
- conducting review of management prior to a re-organisation in an aerospace company in the UK
- assisting a Chairman/CEO on the design of top management incentives to achieve an optimum sale price for a major divestment
- providing employee relations advice in Germany to counter overly assertive unions
· We help our clients make the most of their business opportunities by drawing on our experience and broad based capability. A client, with whom we have worked since 1989 differentiates us from other Organisational and HR consultants in this way; "You deal with very difficult issues where trust and communications have broken down and you DO rather than merely report".
Michael has an MA (Cantab) an MBA (LBS) and a Diploma in International Management (LBS, HEC NYU), and is a Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute (FCMI) and a Fellow of the Institute of Business Consultants (FIBC); Jennifer has a Bachelors degree in English Literature and Education from Goldsmiths College, University of London. Michael was Group Vice President HR for Metzeler Automotive Profile Systems for seven years; he has set up The Carpediem Partnership, Sulis Consultants, IRCC , Human Resource Management Limited and has held management roles in ORC, Hay Management Consultants, PE-Inbucon and British Rail. The Carpediem Partnership is fluent in English and capable in French.
Contact us at;